Wednesday 20 June 2007

A Comment on California Traffic

Many people have asked about traffic. I didn't think it was too bad. In LA, it was slow but not scary. I did laugh at how they drive on the highway. The traffic would be trucking along at 70 mph and then would suddenly slow to 20 mph with little warning. I can imagine that they go through brakes like crazy.

I also noticed that it is just expected that motorcycles will drive down a white line. None of them sit in traffic with everyone else. I suppose that is okay. It provides a few less people to sit behind. :-)

The last thing I noticed is not only in LA. They have stop lights to enter the freeway! I laughed as I thought in my head, "Okay, get ready, now go - you have a fighting chance to get in. Go! Go!"

The traffic in Oakland, in my opinion was more difficult to drive in than LA because they go 70+ the entire time. So while there were less cars, they were going by much faster.

I still have not found any interstates here in California that confuse or frustrate me as much as I35 through downtown Kansas City. If you have ever driven through there you will know what I mean, on and off ramps everywhere - left and right!

No comments: